The Sanford Historic Trust is located in Sanford, FL
That is the reason for the Sanford Historic Trust. We care about the rich and colorful history to the city that is located on the beautiful St. Johns River. Life in Sanford is surrounded with the heritage of the people who came to settle this area. A diverse group from many ethnic backgrounds who wove their lives together to create a city that is steeped in history.
The architectural, historical and cultural heritage of the homes, buildings and sites here in Sanford brings a commitment from the Trust members to preserve and educate so generations to come can enjoy these elements of Sanford’s history.
Our Mission Statement:
“The mission of the Sanford Historic Trust is to evaluate, protect and preserve the architectural and historical heritage of the city through education and stewardship.”
Please contact us via email and we will be glad to share information with you.
Sanford Historic Trust is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to the preservation, protection and improvement of the Historic Community of Sanford, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in December 1989.
The Trust has succeeded in accomplishing:
- An annual Holiday Tour of Homes
- Promotion of National Preservation Week functions
- A Walking/Driving Tour of Historic Sanford
- Support of preservation, restoration and beautification projects
- As restoration efforts continue, we are focusing on:
- Signage for both homes and streets
- Historic lighting fixtures
- Beautification projects
- Improvement of the quality of life for Sanford’s residents
President: Ana Yebba – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Hank Dieckhaus – email@example.com
Treasurer: Charlie Hull – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Gene Kruckemyer – email@example.com
Board Members at Large: Jay MacPhee, Jodi Rubin, Brenda Boland, Don Schreiner, Rob Hawkins
Immediate Past President: Frank Loose
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the trust restricted to only those living in Historic Districts?
- Absolutely not Anyone who cares about Sanford’s historic assets can join. Many of our members live outside of the Historic District and even outside of Sanford.
Who does the trust serve?
- The community of Sanford and those interested in preserving its historic heritage. The Trust works tirelessly to promote the Historic Character of Sanford, and when needed, protect it.
Are the Sanford Historic Trust and the Historic Preservation Board the same?
- No. The Historic Preservation Board is a city appointed board who oversees the Commercial and Residential Historic Districts making sure that any changes made within these areas comply with all rules and regulations. The Trust has no authority in any decisions made by this Board.